Questions to ask yourself
- Have you spent a great deal of time during the past few weeks thinking and worrying about this issue; are you unable to get it off your mind?
- Have you experienced a sudden weight loss or gain recently? Loss of appetite? Sleeping difficulties?
- Have you experienced difficulty concentrating or an inability to focus on the task at hand?
- Have you experienced prolonged feelings of hopelessness and despair?
- Have you begun to use alcohol or other drugs excessively, perhaps to self-medicate?
- Have you noticed a decrease in your patience and ability to manage frustration and an increase in the frequency and intensity of anger?
- Have you noticed a change in any behaviors in your spouse or other close family members which trouble you?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions, you may benefit from speaking with a professional Christian counselor. We offer a one-time consultation at no cost to you.
Contact a Counselor
This Web site is a service of Focus on the Family, a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the family. Focus on the Family offers one-time complimentary consultation from a Christian perspective. We also offer referrals for licensed Christian counselors in your area. You can access this service by phone or through the Web form below.
To reach Focus on the Family’s counseling service by phone, call (719) 531-3400 ext. 7700 or 1-800-A-Family (800-232-6459) weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST). Please mention the TroubledWith Web site when you call. If a counselor is not immediately available, you can leave your contact information and a counselor will call you back as soon as possible. This one-time consultation is available at no cost to you.
Would you like a referral to a Christian counselor in your area?
The counseling staff may also be able to help you find a professional counselor in your region who can provide more in-depth and long-term help (service limited to the United States and select regions in Canada).
Call 1-800-A-Family (800-232-6459) weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST)
Please mention the TroubledWith Web site when you call.
Use our counselor locator tool (provided by Focus on the Family) to find a counselor in your area.
For more details, review frequently asked questions about counseling services.
- Focus on the Family will not call another person on your behalf (i.e. your spouse or child)–the information entered below must be yours.
- Phone consultations are kept confidential except in those few situations that licensed counselors are not legally able to do so.